Friday, November 4, 2011

Wise Words From Oprah

What can you say about Oprah that hasn't been said before? She is a powerhouse of inspiration and I am thankful for her existence if only for the occasional O magazine that I pick up and read something that touches me. However, there is so much more to her than this and we all know it. 

In this month's publication of her magazine, the last page or "What I Know for Sure" was just as meaningful as ever. She talks about perspective and the fact that stepping away from her show, she realized how much it had changed her and how she found a a new appreciation for everything she had done for those 25 years.

She also talks about the dark patches of life and how they are usually "pointing you in a new direction." I am not really in a "dark patch" compared to some others, although life has been difficult at times and there are definitely things that I struggle with. I do think that there MUST be a reason for these struggles, and that I am being prepared for something. 

"Who you're meant to be evolves from where you are right now," she says. "So learning to appreciate your best lessons, mistakes and setbacks as stepping stones to the future is a clear sign you're moving in the right direction and letting in the light."

Sometimes, it's not easy to keep forging ahead, looking for the light in the darkness instead of just crawling into a ball and saying that this is the way it will always be. It's easy to let other's problems become your own and set your focus there. Meditation, yoga and just my growth in general has allowed me to let these things go and to look to the horizon. The sun will come up tomorrow, my dears, just like Annie sang about. That's where my attention will be, on that big beautiful ball of light.

Ever evolving...

No comments:

Post a Comment