Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Geese Are Flying

I was sitting in the office earlier today and heard a flock of geese flying overhead. 'Tis the season'... I thought. My bones are cold, pumpkin pie smells are in the air, squash are for sale everywhere and there is also a certain sadness or stillness approaching. The seasons seem to have emotions to me. Spring is hope, summer is happiness, fall is comfort and winter is sadness, or maybe just a feeling of waiting. I don't like the winter and I do apologize if I'm coming across as a downer. I know plenty of people that love winter and can't wait for sled riding, hunting or whatever the winter season holds for them. I just want to escape.

Many people in Northeast Ohio get the cold weather blues. This year, I want to try and tackle the winter with enthusiasm. I'm going to be writing and I'm very excited to stay committed to that. Plus, I have yoga which I think will play a part in my life for a long time to come. I assist the teacher in class tomorrow and I am really looking forward to that. I think I will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment