Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finding Focus

I have realized how hard it is for me to do one thing at a time. I love multi-tasking. Let me take that back. I loooooooooooooove multi-tasking and have always prided myself on the fact that I can do five things at once. My husband (who I call the turtle to my rabbit) is a single tasker. And though I think the world of him, his single tasking slowness sometimes drives me a bit nuts. It feels like you get more done if you multi-task and hurry...


Well, some know-it-alls want to tell me that I'm not doing anything 100% if I'm doing five things at once. Humph! So, these know-it-alls happen to be "experts." What do they know!? (hmmmm....) Check out this article and decide for yourself. There are plenty of good articles online but I "focused" in on this one. :) http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/the-myth-of-multitasking


Seriously, especially since I've begun my yoga journey, I've been trying to slow down, and sometimes I'm just naturally slowing down. Sometimes, that feels amazing. Sometimes, it feels like I'm swimming against the current. Today, my arms are exhausted from that swim. I really feel like I'm retraining my brain and I guess that is exactly the case. Yoga teaches you to come back to the breath. When you focus on the breath, your thoughts subside as you breathe in and out becoming one with it. I've needed a lot of breaths today.


It's funny, I think I've been so up on yoga (even though I have been sick or sick-like forever now) that I'm surprised to have a bad day! I guess I'm still human. The prize is in the process, the prize is in the process, the prize is in the process.... Say it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment