Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So.

I am starting this blog to talk about the process that I am going through in yoga teacher training. We are now beginning our 4th week of classes.


I am so sore from yoga last weekend, I cannot tell you. I've never really been the "work out girl." I was the "join a gym, workout for a week and then forget you bought a gym membership" girl.  This is something new that I've dedicated myself to only this year. First, my husband and I started running/walking. Then my friend Dawn and I started to search for a yoga studio that we loved. I've been to various yoga studios/classes throughout the years...and nothing ever stuck. My wrists hurt, it was too hard because I didn't know the positions, it was too boring, it was too slow. For some reason, I kept trying it, though. And then...we went to Studio Oxygen. Literally, both our faces lit up after class like, can you believe it? This is awesome! It was hard, but good hard. Pushing you but also allowing you to do only what you were capable of. So, about two to three weeks after I started going, I heard about teacher training and thought, WHY NOT? I was scared and still am but I'm doing it.


One of the books that we were assigned to read is The Yamas and Niyamas, Exploring Yoga's Ethical Practice by Deborah Adele. I'm on the part where she's talking about Ahimsa, non-violence, and she's talking about how if you are not nice to yourself then you really can't be nice to anyone else. This is interesting to me because I feel like I am very nice to others...and possibly not too nice to myself.


Maybe I'm not as nice to others as I think?? Guess I better go meditate on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment